Technology means weird problems. Suddenly your devices can appear with an odd issue like your HP laptop being stuck on the HP screen.
However, it seems weird, but it is not. HP laptop stuck on HP screen has reasons behind it. This problem can be identified if your screen suddenly stops working or the screen goes black. Understanding the situation, following practical steps, and taking precautions is key.
Follow our article, as it will guide you to resolve this problem easily and quickly.
How To Fix The HP Stuck On Screen Issue?
This problem may happen suddenly or during a reboot. As the screen goes black, you have nothing but the laptop keyboard. So, the solution follows some keyboard and hardware tasks.
To solve the problem, you can follow adjusting brightness, restarting, restarting explorer.exe, recovering BIOS, updating the graphics driver, and performing a hard reset.
We will show you how you can perform these tasks. We will discuss the reasons behind this error too.
Also, we will know what precautions you can take to prevent this problem from happening again.
Method 1: Checking & Adjusting Settings
This is the startup method that you need to follow. Sometimes, technological devices cause trouble with simple matters. Some basic checking can save the day.
Check Charging & Internet
You need to check the power supply of your laptop. If the laptop has an inadequate charge, it can freeze. Sometimes, you work on the laptop while charging. It may cause a problem too.
So, connect the charger if it has a few charges left. You should disconnect your charger if connected while this black screen happens.
However, poor internet connection is responsible. So, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
Adjust The Brightness
Minimum brightness can cause HP laptop black screen problem. Make sure your brightness is suitable to the environment light.
There are function keys on the keyboard to control the brightness system. Use those keys to increase your brightness. The screen may be visible now.
Method 2: Updating & Recovering
This method is related to software troubleshooting. You may need to perform some updating and recovering in this step.
Update Graphics Driver
You should have updated your graphics card earlier. A backdated graphics card can cause a black screen issue.
We will talk about how you can update your graphics card driver manually later. Now follow this emergency update process.
- Locate the Windows and X keys from the keyboard.
- Press Windows + X buttons simultaneously.
- This action will pop up the Graphics driver option.
- Select the Update Driver button.
The laptop will automatically search for driver software to update. Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
Explorer.exe process is a primary functional operating system of your laptop. It controls the task manager.
Deactivating explorer.exe can cause an HP laptop screen to get stuck. Also, malware can corrupt the explorer.exe process.
Follow these steps to restart the explorer.exe process.
- Locate CTRL, Shift, and Esc buttons on your keyboard.
- Press the keys simultaneously.
- This action will launch the Task Manager.
- Select the Details tab. ( Processes tab in Windows 7)
- Scroll down and press the explorer.exe menu.
- Press the End Task tab to end the troubleshooting process.
You may not find the explorer.exe option in the list. If this happens, you can run it by yourself.
- From the Task Manager, find the File option.
- Click it And press Run new task.
- Now, type explorer.exe on the bar.
- Finally, press Enter on the keyboard.
Your HP laptop may only display the HP logo when updating the BIOS (basic input-output system). Emergency system recovery of BIOS can be a quick fix.
- Firstly, connect your laptop with a power adapter.
- Now, press Windows and B buttons simultaneously.
- Press the power button.
- Press it while you are holding the win=b keys together.
- Finally, release the keys. It will perform an automatic repair.
Method 3: Hard Reset And Restart
This is the most effective solution. You should do a hard reset if other methods fail. Also, you can perform this as a startup repair.
This hard reboot will solve your HP logo screen problem instantly. Also, you can perform a system restore for a secure boot.
- Disconnect your laptop from any power, cable, and devices.
- Turn off your HP laptop.
- Remove the battery from the laptop.
- Press the power button hard.
- Hold it for 15 to 60 seconds and release.
- Reinstall the battery and connect the charger.
- Now, restart your HP laptop.
External Factory Reset
If you still have the black screen issue, you can restart it with another HP pc.
Connect your laptop with an external HP computer monitor. Use a USB device to connect them. Now, reboot your laptop.
If it doesn’t work, there is a problem with your HP screen. You need to go to the service center then.
Reseat The RAM
We carry our laptops to various places. While moving, it can jolt or bang with many things. This will misplace your RAM or hard drive.
Open the back cover of your laptop. Take the RAM or hard drive out and reinsert it.
If they are damaged, replace them immediately. If you are not skilled enough, go to an expert to perform the task.
Why do you have a stuck HP laptop screen?
There are many reasons behind a forever loading screen. Knowing them will help you to resolve the problem. Also, you will be able to take the necessary precautions.
Let’s see why an HP screen goes black or is stuck in the HP logo.
- Overpowering & overheating
- Misplaced hard drive or RAM
- Incorrect window installation
- Malware, viruses & bugs
- Corrupted display driver software
- Deactivated explorer.exe
We have already mentioned how you can solve the black screen issue. Now, you know the reasons behind the problem too. So, be aware of these reasons. Try to avoid them by any means.
Take Necessary Precautions
You need to avoid the reasons regarding the black laptop screen problem. To prevent this irritating loading screen problem, you should follow some precautions.
- Be aware of overheating. Give time to cool down your laptop.
- Be sincere while you are carrying your laptop.
- Always install the correct version of windows.
- Keep updating your hard drive, windows, and software.
- Regularly scan and remove malware, viruses, or bugs.
Some additional settings can also prevent this problem from happening.
Disabling Fast Startup
- Open Control Panel on your laptop
- Press on the Power Options tab
- Select Choose What The Power Buttons Do option
- Press Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable
- Uncheck the box next to the Turn On Fast Startup tab
- Click on the Save Changes option
Revoke Recent Changes
Sometimes, the HP screen stops working because of a windows update or program installation. So, you need to restore the windows system to the previous version.
Follow this process:
Control panel>System & security>System protection>System restore
However, uninstall the current program to prevent further HP logo screen issues.
How to update graphics driver
In the solving sections, we showed the emergency graphics driver update. But, you should update your graphics driver manually. It will prevent the black screen issue in the future.
You can use Driver Easy to update your graphics driver. It is easy and quick to operate. Also, it will remove the possibility of the wrong download and installation.
Follow the steps to update your graphics card driver.
- Firstly, download and install Driver Easy.
- Open the software on your laptop.
- Press on the Scan Now option.
- It will detect any driver problem.
- Locate the Update button beside the flagged graphics device.
- Hit on the Update Button.
- It will update and install the latest version automatically.
You can click on the Update All option as well. It will automatically update all the drivers on your laptop.
People Often Ask
How To Fix A Blue Screen On My HP Laptop?
You need to restore the system. Go to the Advanced Options, then to System & Security, and click System Restore. It will clear the recent changes.
How To Fix The HP Spectre Stuck Screen?
Power off your laptop and remove the battery. Then press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds. Finally, reinstall the battery and turn your laptop on.
How To Fix The HP Pavilion Desktop Black Screen?
Disconnect all the USB devices and power. Press and hold the power button for 15 to 60 seconds. Then connect the AC power adapter and turn on the pc.
Why Is My HP Laptop Not Booting Up?
If specific windows updates or program installation goes wrong, it can prevent boot up. Also, malware, viruses, or bugs may create your laptop boot-up problems.
How To Force An HP Laptop To Shut Down With The Keyboard?
You need to press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time. It will display a new menu with a Shut Down option. Select the option and press Enter key.
Have you fixed the problem ultimately?
HP laptop stuck screen, or black screen, is a common problem. We receive many complaints about this issue.
However, this article is the ultimate solution to your problem. We have shown different methods you can follow to get rid of this HP logo screen trouble.
Restarting explorer.exe, updating graphics drivers, recovering BIOS, and a hard reset can remove the black screen problem from the HP laptop.
Also, you can get help from official HP support. You can submit your problems to them. And the customer support will help you to solve it.
- Is 64GB Enough For A Laptop?
- 5 Solutions Of Hp Spectre Camera Not Working
- Asus Tuf VS Rog Laptop Series: Learn Where’s To Go?
- MacBook Silver Vs Space Gray – What Color Is The Best?
- How Do Laptop Cooling Pads Work? Is It Really Worth For You?
A tech-savvy person with sharp analytical skills. His expertise is in addressing issues and finding effective solutions regarding IT software and applications. Whether it is windows, android, or Apple, his guidelines about the software will help you in every way.