The motherboard is the main torso of a computer that holds every other part together and runs it. And when it comes to motherboards, Gigabyte and Asus are two of the most known names in the computer hardware industry.
They both have dominated the market since the 1980s’ with their high-performance and durable models of motherboards. Not only that, they helped to change the computer hardware industry with their new and innovative models of motherboards.
So, which one should you choose between Gigabyte and Asus Motherboard? While Asus is known especially for coming up with beautiful and gorgeous designs, Gigabyte generally produces powerful motherboards. Hence, it depends on your preferences which option will be better for you.
If you are new to computer hardware, choosing a motherboard from these two brands can be confusing. To help you with that, let’s go through an in-depth comparison of the Gigabyte and Asus motherboard that’ll clear things up for you.
Gigabyte VS. Asus Motherboard – Comparative Analysis
Before we jump into comparing models of Asus and Gigabyte motherboards, it would be nice to get a deeper look at the main qualities of the motherboard by both brands. Let’s check out a basic comparative analysis, which will give you a better understanding of the two brands.
For Gigabyte, their motherboards are typically divided into 5 different categories.
- The AORUS range of motherboards is designed for gamers only, providing maximum performance for extreme gaming.
- The Gigabyte Gaming motherboards fall into the mid-price range motherboards are great for basing gaming experience, and you can use them to get great performance with available high-end games.
- Ultra Durable motherboards by Gigabyte are designed to give the most reliable service and run well even under extreme conditions.
- The server/workstation motherboards are designed for server computers.
- And finally, the Embedded/IoT is perfect for on-board computers that prioritize the internet
On the other hand, Asus features 8 different categories in the range of their motherboards.
- The ROG, TUF Gaming, and Pro Gaming motherboards are specifically made for extreme gaming, which is perfect for running any high-end FPS game or any other modern game.
- The ProArt, ASUS Prime, and TUF motherboards are designed to give you better performance in everyday computing tasks, which gives the user a smoother and more reliable experience.
- Also, Asus has Commercial and Workstation motherboards, the last two categories of motherboards that Asus produces.
These were the different types of motherboards that Gigabyte and Asus produce, and as you saw, all of these ranges are pretty specified in their field.
However, if you take a closer look in detail, you’ll see that there’s not much difference in the performance and durability, as both brands produce top-class motherboards. Both brands use Intel, AMD, and Nvidia chipsets, which is amazing as both are compatible with all the chipsets.
However, there’s a price gap between these two brands, which you might find interesting. You can find Asus motherboards at a fairly low price than Gigabyte. However, Gigabyte motherboards tend to perform better than Asus motherboards and are undoubtedly a better option for gaming. Also, Gigabyte motherboards are super durable and will last a long time, even in harsh conditions.
Let’s look at a detailed comparison between a single model of the motherboard by Gigabyte and Asus below.
GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
The B365M DS3H model by Gigabyte is one of their best-selling motherboards that you can get for your money. It’s a great motherboard for gaming, and you can undoubtedly do all the heavy tasks with this motherboard.
It’s compatible with both 9th and 8th Gen processors by Intel, which are super powerful processors that give you the speed and power you need for gaming. Also, you can use m.2 SSD hard disks with up to 32 Gb/s of speed will give you magical boot time and speed. This motherboard supports the latest DDR4 version ram with 2666 MHz bus speed. Altogether, it’s a robust setup for extreme gaming and durability.
Also, this motherboard has built-in Bluetooth, which is a unique feature. There are 4 PCI-Express slots and room for VGA cards or additional cards. That gives you the freedom and flexibility to customize your pc however you like. And for its price range, you can’t beat it with any other motherboards available.
So, if you’d like to get a premium quality motherboard, the GIGABYTE B365M DS3H is truly the perfect option. Give it a try, and you’ll love it in no time.
- Room for VGA cards
- Built-in Bluetooth
- M.2 port with up to 32 Gb/s of speed
- 4 PCI-Express Slots
- DDR4 version RAM supported
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen processors by Intel
- RAM speed up to 2666 MHz
- Very easy to install
- Great for gaming
- Super durable
- Not compatible with the latest 10th gen processors
- The USB port needs an upgrade
Read More: Asus Monitor HDMI No Signal Issue
Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
If you are searching for a great gaming motherboard for your pc but don’t want to break the bank for it, the ROG Strix B450-F model of Asus is just the right option for you. It’s super powerful and has everything you need to enjoy a smooth gaming experience.
It comes with two m.2 SSD slots that let you get the magic of m.2 SSD. You probably know that nothing can beat the speed of an m.2 SSD. Also, this motherboard is DDR4 ram compatible. That’s a big upgrade from the previous DDR3 version, and it’s much faster and more efficient.
As far as the processor goes, you can easily use any 7th gen processor with this amazing motherboard. Also, it supports AMD’s Ryzen series 2nd gen processors, which is super impressive. That can give you all the speed and power you need for extreme gaming.
This motherboard also looks super aesthetic, thanks to the gorgeous RGB design. It also features Automatic tailoring of Overclocking, giving you maximum performance and a next-gen gaming experience. And for its price range, you really can’t find a better deal than this one.
So, if you’d like a premium quality gaming motherboard without spending too much money, go get an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard. It’s super well worth your money, and you’ll be satisfied with its quality and service, which is a guarantee.
- Two m.2 SSD slots
- DDR4 RAM
- Supports AMD Ryzen 2nd Gen processors
- Compatible with 7th gen processors
- IO shield preinstalled
- Very easy to install
- Beautiful RGB
- Amazing for extreme gaming
- Pretty durable
- The lock feature has room for improvement
- No SLI
Now you have the comparison between these two motherboards that will help you pick the right motherboard for you. However, you must remember that both brands are at the top of their game.
Also, you can’t simply point toward one model of each brand and get a precise comparison between these two big brands. But typically, Asus has some gorgeous pieces of motherboards that are available at affordable pricing. And Gigabyte is all about that extra power for the peak in performance.
So, make sure to pick the right type for your pc, and if you get confused about anything, you can always refer to this article to get help.
Nahian Mussarat Isha is the main contributor to our apps and software section. She spent an inordinate amount of her youth nosing through and testing different apps. Her extent of knowledge also drives her to test newer software and share that knowledge with you. Besides completing her studies in BSS, this enthusiast is continuously thriving for newer technology means by trying rare innovations.
Last update on 2022-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API