Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology that allows devices to exchange data and communicate with each other. Nowadays, many motherboards come with built-in Bluetooth. Also, there are many motherboards in the market which don’t come with built-in Bluetooth.
So, as the answer to your question does my motherboard have Bluetooth, It depends on which motherboard you are purchasing. Nowadays, most of the expensive high-end motherboard comes with built-in Bluetooth. So you have to check the box whether your motherboard has Bluetooth or not.
If your motherboard doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth, don’t worry because many Bluetooth adapters are available. And they are plug and play, meaning all you will have to do is plugin into your computer, and they will do the rest. Bluetooth is a great way to connect to various devices.
Let’s know more about motherboards with built-in Bluetooth and how to check if your motherboard has it or not!
Does my motherboard have Bluetooth: how to check?
Just like every feature, Bluetooth needs hardware and software. If your motherboard has Bluetooth connectivity built-in, then you can tell whether your mother has Bluetooth or not by checking a couple of things in your computer.
Let’s learn those steps and determine whether your motherboard has Bluetooth or not.
- From your search menu, search for ‘Control Panel.’ And open the control panel
- Inside the control panel, you will see an option called ‘Hardware and Sound’ choose this option.
- Inside hardware and sound, you will find an option called ‘Device Manager.’
- Inside the Device Manager, look for an option called Bluetooth.
If there is any Bluetooth option, then your motherboard has built-in Bluetooth connectivity, and you can access the Bluetooth from there. However, if you do not find any Bluetooth option, then your motherboard doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity.
Another way to tell if your motherboard is a Bluetooth motherboard or not is to look at the specification. If your motherboard has Bluetooth connectivity, then it will be listed on your motherboard box. If you lost your motherboard box and you are not sure whether your motherboard has Bluetooth or not, then you can search on the internet with your motherboard model.
Do motherboards come with built-in Bluetooth?
Many high-end expensive motherboards come with built-in Bluetooth connectivity. However, nowadays, many mid-range or cheap motherboards have started to come with Bluetooth connectivity too. So it entirely depends on which model you are choosing.
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows devices to transfer files and communicate with each other. Many motherboards in the market have built-in Bluetooth and will enable you to connect various devices with your computer so that you can control them and use them.
However, if you purchase a cheap motherboard, then it’s highly unlikely that you won’t get built-in Bluetooth connectivity. So, before you purchase the motherboard, check the specification for further information. Even if your motherboard doesn’t come with built-in Bluetooth, you can always purchase an external Bluetooth adapter and use that.
Is built-in Bluetooth on the motherboard good?
If you are planning to buy a pc or just want to upgrade your computer, you need a motherboard. When purchasing a motherboard, there are many options for you in the market. Many motherboards come with WIFI and Bluetooth. But are they good?
There are many categories in Bluetooth technology. There are Bluetooth 4 and 5. And currently, there are Bluetooth 5.1 available in the market, and they are excellent. When you want to purchase a motherboard with built-in Bluetooth connectivity, you will get either of the Bluetooth 4, 5, 5.1. But don’t worry because they are outstanding.
So when you are in the market for a motherboard that has Bluetooth built-in, you really don’t have to worry about their quality because all of them are very good. You will not even notice any difference except their connectivity range. Bluetooth 5 and 5.1 have extended range, but other than that, they are very similar.
Can I add Bluetooth to my computer?
If you have an old computer that does not have Bluetooth connectivity or you just bought a computer that does not have Bluetooth, but you just realized that you need Bluetooth on your computer. Don’t worry because you can add Bluetooth to your computer whenever you want. All you need is a Bluetooth adapter and a couple of steps to follow.
- Step one – The first thing you need to do is purchase a Bluetooth adapter. They are very inexpensive so try to purchase the latest one.
- Step two – After purchasing the Bluetooth driver, you need to plug it into your computer.
- Step three – After plugging the adapter into your computer, you will see a notification saying installing the driver.
- Step four – Now, wait a couple of minutes for it to install the Bluetooth adapter automatically. After your computer finishes the installation, it will notify you.
- Step five – After completing the installation now, you can turn on the Bluetooth connectivity and use the Bluetooth feature on your computer.
Can I get Bluetooth on my computer without an adapter?
If you want Bluetooth connectivity in your computer, you will either have to purchase a Bluetooth adapter or a motherboard with built-in Bluetooth connectivity. If you don’t have either of them, then you can not use Bluetooth on your computer.
If you have a motherboard with Bluetooth built-in, you don’t need an external Bluetooth adapter to use Bluetooth functionality. All you need to do is open your settings, turn on the Bluetooth option, and pair with the device. And after completing the pairing procedure, you will be able to use the connected device.
However, if your motherboard doesn’t have Bluetooth built-in, then the only option you have is to purchase a Bluetooth adapter and use it. Otherwise, there is no other way to use Bluetooth on your computer.
How do I enable and pair Bluetooth on my computer?
Enabling and pairing your Bluetooth functionality is very simple. There are a couple of steps that you need to follow, and that’s all. So after you get your Bluetooth functionality install, follow these steps.
- Step one – The first thing that you need to do is enable your Bluetooth. To do that, you will have to go to the settings, and you will find an option called devices.
- Step two – In the device option, you will find Bluetooth settings. Once you Inside the Bluetooth option, turn on the Bluetooth.
- Step three – Now that you have enabled Bluetooth pairing, you will notice in the ‘Available devices’ are a couple of devices available.
- Step four – now, turn on the Bluetooth on the device which you want to connect and wait for your computer to find it.
- Step five – You should find your device in the ‘Available devices’ area. Click on your device name, and it should automatically pair with your device.
After pairing with your device, you should be able to use it freely. Note that if you go too far, then the Bluetooth will disconnect as Bluetooth has a limited range.
There are many motherboards in the market right now that comes with Bluetooth functionality built-in. And even if your motherboard doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth, then you can always purchase an adapter and use Bluetooth functionality.
So we really hope that in this article you got the answer to does my motherboard have Bluetooth? The bottom line is that there are many motherboards with Bluetooth functionality built-in, but some don’t.
So just ask the seller whether this motherboard comes with Bluetooth built-in or not. Or you can search on the internet whether the motherboard that you want to purchase has Bluetooth built-in, or you will have to purchase an external adapter to use Bluetooth.